Tuesday November 13, 2018
Burn Restriction Extended
Stage 1 Burn Ban Extended
Due to anticipated continued deteriorating air quality conditions in the Yakima Valley, The Yakima Regional Clean Air Agency has extended the Stage 1 Burn Ban for all of Yakima County*. This Ban will remain in effect until further notice. Condition will be evaluated daily and any updates will be posted on the agency website.
Under a Stage 1 burn ban:
• The use of uncertified wood stoves, fireplaces, inserts and other uncertified solid fuel burning devices is prohibited.
• The use of certified wood stoves, pellet stoves and other certified wood-burning devices is allowed.
• All outdoor burning is prohibited throughout Yakima County*.
• All violations of the burn ban are subject to civil penalty.
This temporary restriction is due to the buildup of air pollution and stagnant weather conditions. This burn ban may be upgraded or removed depending on air quality and weather conditions; please check our website for the latest information, www.yakimacleanair.org
* Please Note: Restrictions may differ within the exterior boundaries of the Yakama Reservation
Thank you for your cooperation.
Yakima Regional Clean Air Agency
509-834-2050 ext. 110