Thursday December28, 2017
Burn Restriction Issued
Stage 1- Burn Ban
Effective Today at 2:30 PM
A ban on the use of uncertified wood stoves, inserts and fireplaces begins at 2:30 pm today December 28, 2017, in all of Yakima County* until further notice.
The Yakima Regional Clean Air Agency is issuing this Stage 1 burn ban due to weather conditions that are contributing to a build-up of air pollutants.
Under a Stage 1 burn ban:
• The use of uncertified wood stoves, fireplaces, inserts and other uncertified solid fuel burning devices is prohibited.
• The use of certified wood stoves, pellet stoves and other certified wood-burning devices is allowed.
• All outdoor burning is prohibited throughout Yakima County*.
• All violations of the burn ban are subject to civil penalty.
This temporary restriction is due to the buildup of air pollution and stagnant weather conditions. This burn ban may be upgraded or removed depending on air quality and weather conditions; please check our website for the latest information, www.yakimacleanair.org
* Please Note: Restrictions may differ within the exterior boundaries of the Yakama Reservation
Thank you for your cooperation.
Yakima Regional Clean Air Agency
509-834-2050 ext. 110