Wednesday September 6, 2017
With the continued hot and dry weather the fire danger level has been set to Very High/Extreme across the State of Washington. Effective 12:01 A.M. Wednesday, September 6, 2017, Grays Harbor County Fire Districts and Fire Departments in cooperation with the Washington Department of Natural Resources (DNR) and the Olympic Region Clean Air Agency (ORCAA), will be enacting restrictions on all outdoor burning. All recreational camp fires, barbeques using charcoal briquette or other solid fuels, residential burning, along with land clearing and silvicultural [forest practices] burning will be prohibited until further notice.
For more information on local fire restrictions:
- Grays Harbor County: Fire Marshal’s Office at (360) 249-4222
- Fire Districts: Emergency pages of the local telephone book
- City Fire Departments: Government pages of the local telephone book
- Washington State Department of Natural Resources:
- Pacific Cascade Regional Office at (360)577-2025
- Olympic Region Office at (360) 374-2811
- Olympic Region Clean Air Agency: 1-800-422-5623
- Olympic National Park and Olympic National Forest: (360) 565-3121
- Washington State Parks: (360) 902-8844
For updates on burn restrictions
Contact the Grays Harbor County Fire Marshals’ office @ 360 249-4222 or,
DNR at 1-800-323-BURN or visit the website at www.fortress.wa.gov/dnr/protection/firedanger/ then click on fire information in the far right corner.