MONTESANO- Effective immediately, Tuesday, October 10, 2017, With the recent cooler and wetter weather forecasted to continue the Grays Harbor County Fire Marshals’ Office, Fire Districts and Fire Departments will be lifting the restrictions on outdoor burning.
All residential burning, along with land clearing burning is allowed.
Residents should remember;
- Check with local officials regarding burn permit requirements in your area before burning
- Burn Barrels and other containers are NOT allowed and are illegal under State law.
- Burn only natural vegetation from your own property. Burning of trash is strictly prohibited.
- Fires must be attended at all times.
- Do not create a nuisance. You are responsible for your fire. Creating smoke, odor and ash that unreasonably impacts neighboring properties is illegal.
For more information on local fire restrictions
- ORCAA, Olympic Region Clean Air Agency: 1-800- 422-5623
- Grays Harbor County: Fire Marshal's Office at (360) 249-4222
- Fire Districts: Emergency pages of the local telephone book
- City Fire Departments: Government pages of the local telephone book
- Washington State Department of Natural Resources: Pacific Cascade Regional Office at (360) 577-2025 or Olympic Region Office at (360) 374-2811
- Olympic National Park and Olympic National Forest: (360) 565-3121
- Washington State Parks: (360) 902-8844
For updates on burn restrictions, Contact the Grays Harbor County Fire Marshals’ office @ 360 249-4222 or, DNR at 1-800- 323-BURN or visit the website at www2.wadnr.gov/burn-risk then click on fire information in the far right corner.
Contact ORCAA at 1-800- 422-5623 or visit their website at www.orcaa.org.