News Release October 10, 2017
Contact: Grays Harbor County Fire Marshal’s Office (360) 249-4222
Outdoor Burn Restrictions Lifted in
Grays Harbor County
MONTESANO- Effective immediately, Tuesday, October 10, 2017, With the recent cooler and wetter weather forecasted to continue the Grays Harbor County Fire Marshals’ Office, Fire Districts and Fire Departments will be lifting the restrictions on outdoor burning.
All residential burning, along with land clearing burning is allowed.
Residents should remember;
- Check with local officials regarding burn permit requirements in your area before burning
- Burn Barrels and other containers are NOT allowed and are illegal under State law.
- Burn only natural vegetation from your own property. Burning of trash is strictly prohibited.
- Fires must be attended at all times.
- Do not create a nuisance. You are responsible for your fire. Creating smoke, odor and ash that unreasonably impacts neighboring properties is illegal.