Burn ban archives for: Douglas County

Douglas County Burn Ban lifted, OCT 1, 2014

Before lighting any fire, check with your local fire district and your air quality permitting office, Ecology, Central Region: (509) 575-2490.

Most types of burning requires a burn permit from Ecology, Air Quality, Central RegionNever burn garbage…only natural, unprocessed vegetation in a fire.

Burning has risks! Compost, chip, haul to landfill… please practice alternatives to burning.

DNR lifts burn bans on controlled forest lands September 24, 2014

Recent changes in weather, with forecast precipitation, lower temperatures and higher humidity levels, have abated high fire hazard conditions for the foreseeable future.

Read the Commissioner’s Order.